What better to do on a rainy afternoon than read blog posts about makeup, ya know just procrastinate, because all 1000 makeup brushes are going to wash themselves. . . anyway today I stumbled upon the 30 questions beauty tag by the lovely Graceful Glamour UK.
You can find a link to her post here and I decided to give it a go, because if no one tags you, tag yourself!
- Do you remember your first makeup item?
It was a sheer lilac lip gloss that my aunt got me for Christmas it smelled a little bit funny but I felt so cool.
- Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I like a formulation that isn’t too runny or dry, I am actually a bit fussy when it comes to mascara, currently I am enjoying NYX Doll Eye. For everyday use I gravitate towards mascara that is not waterproof because honestly I can’t be bothered to try and remove it.
- What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
Depends on the occasion really but for everyday wear I like a light coverage product like a BB cream.
- Favorite high end brand?
Lancome, the “Juicy Shaker” lip gloss may be the love of my life (sorry husband).
- What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Kat Von D very excited to get my mitts on one of her eyeshadow palates.
- Favorite drugstore brand?
Oh my so many lol! I am in a deeply committed relationship with NYX and Elf but I love many Essence products.
- Do you wear false lashes?
Yes! My favourite are individual lashes though (Eyelure brand if anyone was wondering).
- Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Brow gel, if I wear nothing else I’ll wear brow gel it’s a bit like brushing my teeth at this point.
- What is your most cherished beauty product?
Brow gel . . . definitely.
- How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
If I do not specifically need to replenish my makeup kit for work then I stick to a product here or there, so not that often. . . if I can help myself.
- Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I don’t necessarily have a budget but I try not to spend too much money on products I don’t need.
- Do you utilize coupons, reward cards, and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Hell yeah! All of the above frequently and shamelessly!
- What type of product do you buy the most of?
For my kit foundations because I like to have a wide variety of shades on hand and personally lipstick. . . because I have a problem SMH.
- Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
None really there have been individual products that I personally have not gotten along with but never a whole brand.
- Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
For personal use sulphates because my skin is obnoxiously sensitive, I even have to avoid it in toothpaste! And for my kit I like to use unscented makeup removers and the like just to err on the side of caution.
- Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Any Pharmacy/High street/Drug store.
- Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
I have my skin care routine down pat, that being said I do love to try a new mask when one crosses my path.
- Favorite bath and body brand?
Love me some Body Shop and Lush products.
- If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
This is so hard. . . probably Kryolan great quality and variety.
- What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I really like Elf packaging its very sleek and lightweight but doesn’t break easily (in my experience), a good thing if you spend your days lugging around a huge kit bag.
- Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Lady Gaga, she is not scared of trying outrageous looks that would be so fun for any makeup artist to create. . . I am quite jealous of her makeup artist I must admit.
- Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
I have been snooping around the Makeup Alley forever.
- Favorite beauty gurus:
I am a huge Bobbi Brown fan I have read all her books . . . love her.
- Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
Oh yeah, I have a few floating about and I have been known to carry around theatrical blood for that reason.
- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Not really, but in my teen age years I had a few Picasso moments.
- Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Sometimes I do, really just depends on the occasion and what I feel like.
- How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
I pretty much just wash and attack it with some dry shampoo. I am devoid of talent when it comes to hair.
- What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
On the regular I apply foundation first, but sometimes I apply concealer before and after foundation. . . breakouts happen.
- Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I studied Makeup Artistry, Special Effects and Prosthetic Makeup and I loved it.
- What do you love about makeup?
I love that it can really bring out your individual style and make you feel like a million bucks.
I tag every single person who reads this blog! Let me know in the comment section when you have done yours, I would love to check it out.
Have a beautiful day.